Over this five-week course, students will cover:
- A review of the content in the multiple choice section of the exam, starting with the topics that make up the highest proportion of test questions.
- Document analysis strategies to aid in the comprehension and deconstruction of primary source text and imagery that are regularly featured on the multiple choice, short answer, and document-based questions.
- Skills necessary to organize and execute the written portions of the exam, withs specific focus on essay structure and time-saving tactics.
- Students will spend in-class time practicing in small groups to master both the content and the specific types of questions they can expect to see on the AP exam.
Students will have access to a variety of curated, digital test essays and practice questions in the student profile.
Schedule of Topics
Online Course Norms
To ensure a productive learning environment
- Mute yourself when you aren’t speaking
- Use the chat to ask questions during whole group instruction
- Turning on your camera is highly encouraged
Expectations for Participation
Students’ success in this course will heavily depend on their participation and engagement with the material, both during and outside of class
Students should use their real name (first and last) on Zoom so that the instructor can track attendance accurately.
2. Group Instruction
This course aims to keep whole-group instruction short — students should use this time to follow along in their books, take notes, and ask questions. Students will need to have their Zoom window open to follow along with the instructor’s work on-screen.